Monday, June 28, 2004

Genesis

Ok, time to get the official statement of purpose and introduction out of the way.

My pseudonym is Aeryth. I am a software engineer. My favorite author is Douglas Coupland.

If I was a Jeopardy category, I would be 1980s Vintage Microcomputer Trivia. Ok, maybe Obscure Early Internet History too...

When I was a little kid, I wanted to be a geneticist. I thought it would be fun to manipulate genetic code to change how ordinary things look (peaches with real hair!). I settled for working with computer code and manipulating data instead.

I have 4 Macs at home for fun and code on a PC at work (a polyglot, I know C/C++, Java, VB, and all sorts of stuff).

I am a small, white female with ghostly pale skin, big eyes, and brown-blonde hair.

I have a secret life pursuing a nursing degree (few know I plan to retire as an engineer soon).

I hate being called a hacker, geek, etc. and tell people so to their face.

My blog is intended simply for recording random thoughts. Maybe something beautiful will come out of the randomness, like a Mandelbrot fractal in prose.

-- Aeryth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home