Sunday, October 17, 2004

Biscuit of the Day - Poetry Search Engine

Today's Biscuit of the Day is a cool poetry search engine I found while browsing around on the web. I thought it would be useful to those of you who are browsing my site looking for Ibn Jakh and other poets for research papers.

To go to this search engine, click here.

And a quick update on my exercise regimen:

Starting week:

Weight: 126.8 lbs
Time spent walking: 30 minutes per day at target heart rate (132 bpm)
Distance covered: 1.20 miles

Middle of week 3:
Weight: 122.0 lbs
Time spent walking: 30 minutes per day at target heart rate (132 bpm)
Distance covered: 1.76 miles

Goal:
Weight: 110 lbs
Time spent walking: 30 minutes per day at target heart rate (132 bpm)
Distance covered: 2.5 miles

Well, slowly but surely, I am losing weight. Almost at the 5 lb loss mark. The cool thing is I am not dieting at all, so if I wanted to accelerate the weight loss, I could go on the Weight Watchers plan. However, with a boyfriend who loves eating out, it's hard to do this. :)


2 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

Well I've been recently trying to get Charles to start a workout plan, so we'll see what happens. Maybe that would include less eating out (and saving money, to boot!)

Oh, by the way, I noticed the other day that the elliptical machine I use frequently is polar compatible. Although I like to use the monitored handgrip, I might be happier with a heart monitor.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Aeryth said...

Hehehe... Good luck with Charles. :) I wanted to get him to run with me at the gym when we were both attending UTA. Unfortunately, our class times were different hours, so our schedules didn't cross.

Ellipticals are good things. I've been starting to use those more to bridge that gap where walking turns into running. It's kind of hard to maintain a semi-jogging pace on a treadmill, but not on the elliptical machine.

Re: the heart monitor, if you can keep your grip on the elliptical's handles and its comfortable, you can probably skip it and pocket the money. On a treadmill, it's hard for me to keep my hands on the monitors at all times when running, so that's why I use the chest monitor. That, and my school gym doesn't do polar compatible on everything, so i have my watch as backup.

Let me know what you decide to do. :)

Take care!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home