Saturday, December 10, 2005

Value of Persistence

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." ~ Calvin Coolidge

I like that quote by "Silent Cal." There have been many moments in my life where I've encountered a challenge and what got me around such stones in my path to what I want is calling on my internal pluck and fighting relentlessly to find a way to go around it. Nursing school orientation was yesterday and I received my first clinical rotation assignment. I'm going to work in a huge teaching and research facility that is well known for their neuroscience and cardiology programs. I can't wait to see my classroom theory come alive in a real clinical setting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home