Thursday, December 23, 2004

Biscuit of the Day - iPod socks

Today's Biscuit of the Day is iPod socks. Something that not a lot of people know about me is I'm a really good knitter. I prefer difficult items like socks and lace, which require a lot of tracking to make sure the texture of the pattern turns out right. Well, I was looking at the iPod site when the socks first came out and was just amazed at how much they charged for 6 of what was basically sock knitting mistakes. :)

I've been hunting down good yarns to make an iPod sock for Charles. I think I will go with a nice handpainted yarn for my iPod sock. For Charles, I may either pick a handpainted yarn or see if I can find a nice manly plaid pattern that he would like. I have the circular and DP (double pointed) knitting needles I need for socks somewhere in my room, just need to pick out a yarn. Since it doesn't take much yarn to make a single sock, I can get super premium merino or even make something silk. :) I can even do the seamless seal at the bottom of the sock so there are no seams whatsoever in the case, so the main technical problem will be finding the right gauge. (otherwise if the gauge is too big, I'll have an iBook sock)

If anyone has any suggestions on good knitting stuff for guys or has a freeware pattern for their own iPod socks they would like to share, please leave a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home