Monday, January 16, 2006

Day before School and T of H Scottish Breakfast Tea

Tomorrow is the first big day of the Spring semester! For 3 classes, I have 15 very large textbooks and have been studying the logistics on how to best haul all that stuff around. God bless whoever invented those rolling bookbags! :-) Today is the big day I start working on the floor at my new job. I was obligated by the new store to leave my old job due to the non-compete requirements, although I think it's kind of silly being non-management and all. :-( However, before I left, I was sure to obtain some great souvenirs in the form of dirt cheap cashmere, some elegant new work clothes and other stuff coming in this week that I bought with my discount to get ready for my new job. I got a nice healthy raise at the new place I'm working and my pay is tied closer to my sales (still not a commission, but closer though), so I have the opportunity to make some very nice money by college student standards if I apply myself while I'm there. A gaping chasm still exists between my current wages and my old engineering job, but every bit helps, and due to my accelerated school curriculum and my long term plans for my nursing career, I know I will soon surpass the wages most any engineer could hope on making in my home state in this economy.

This past month, I have been enjoying some of the imported hard-to-find English tea my boyfriend got me as part of my Christmas gifts (very sweet as it makes me appreciate and think about him even more as I make breakfast each day). The first box I tried is the Taylors of Harrogate Scottish Breakfast tea. If your only experience with British breakfast tea is the Twinings brand packaged in North Carolina (not imported), well, this tea will open your eyes to what a crime it is that retailers label those Twinings bark shavings as any sort of tea. Opening the box reveals a fragrant, dark, uniform, crushed and shredded black tea. The flavor and color of the brewed tea is true to Blue Moon's description: a bright, strong, amber liquor with a very bold, smooth, and malty taste. The tea also has a pleasant, almost flowery fragrance that is quite uplifting in the morning. Unlike Twinings N.C. tea, a prerequisite to this tea, by design, is MILK. Without it, the strong taste WILL wrench off your tastebuds and leave your head spinning, as this is a tea that treads the fine line between tea and coffee. Another plus to this moderately priced tea is that the attractive metal caddy is reusable, so you can just order a considerably less expensive bag of your tea as a refill when you're down to the last cuppa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home