Monday, July 12, 2004

College transfer joy

One less day to graduation... Spent the day running back and forth getting ready to transfer credits to the new college I'm going to. I've decided for right now that since I'm working on getting my nursing degree, I'm going to get a 2 yr associate's degree, get some experience under my belt, then head back to university to get a 4 year degree with the RN to BSN program. As a result, since my university doesn't offer 2 year associate's, I'm having to transfer to community college.

I went to the local college and was pleasantly surprised. My current university is showing its age (most buildings on campus were built in the 70s, when the giant box with no windows academic building look was in). The science labs are even more dated (asbestos, the 1960s product of the Future! *cough shredded lung up*). The community college was probably built in the early 90s, has a nice airy feel, and I'm sure the labs are considerably more updated.

Overall, I'm very happy with my decision. I know it's no Ivy League education, but after being out of school for so long and having to pay bills on my own, I'm just grateful for the opportunity to be able to go to school anywhere that is compatible with my full time work now. My mom is really being supportive of me retiring to become a nurse, and she's actually offered me information on classes relevant to allied health (medical coding and other items of interest to med techs). My dad is proud too, mostly because he knows it's not easy going back to school after being out 5, 6 years.

Keep on truckin',

-- Aeryth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home